Pages

Mar 1, 2011

Amanda Hocking: My Heroine

If there was ever someone close to my age from my generation worthy of becoming my hero, it would have to be her. Allow me to explain...

Amanda Hocking has become a best-selling author, making around $2 million a year, and get this... she's pretty much doing it on her own. Sure, she's got some agent, but big whoop! The fact of the matter is, thanks to this e-book craze, she's got such a sweet deal going that not even the biggest book publishers out there can offer her a better deal.

I'll be frank, I've never read her stuff. It's not the kind of stuff I'd bother to read. From what I've read regarding her books, they are mostly paranormal stories with a hint of romance. If you're into that, great! Look her up, buy her books.

The sole reason she has become a modern day role model for me, is because of the initiative and self-discipline it must have taken for her to actually accomplish such a feat. I mean, seriously think about this! There are no major publishers backing her work, helping with advertising and whatnot. She's doing this on her own, and she's succeeding.

See, this is one of those times when readily available tech is a good thing! And her story especially is an encouragement for me to hurry up and finish my own novels. Who knows? Maybe by her age I could become a best-selling author too! The world knows it would help since I'm crazy enough to actually want to be a high school English teacher.

Okay, enough chit chat. If you'll excuse me, I have a best-selling novel to finish.

EE

No comments:

Post a Comment